Practicing yoga means practicing justice. Participate in a Yoga Service Intensive, led by Peg Oliveira, 108 Monkeys founder. In this training we will explore yoga as an act of social justice and dig deep to examine how service to others is service to self. Yes, introspection will be required.
This training is a must for any individual interested in offering their knowledge, passion and time to a yoga program in a an outreach setting, like a school or clinical setting.
This training includes:
- Investigation and discussion on the inner work necessary to accomplish yoga service with a calm mind and clear heart, including bias, privilege, and personal story.
- Practical tools for achieving the benefits of yoga in less than accommodating settings (conference room, lawn) or circumstances (mandatory yoga in detention center).
- Introduction to trauma sensitive practices when teaching yoga in any outreach setting.
- If you choose, a placement in a partner site, so you can put your training into action.
This training is appropriate for:
- Yoga teachers already teaching or wanting to teach in outreach settings
- Therapists, social workers, psychologists and other professionals in mental health settings;
- Educators and school social workers and leaders, interested in meeting the needs of children and youth through yoga and mindfulness practices;
- Anyone interested in offering their knowledge, passion and time to a yoga program in a school or mental health setting.
CEU: 8 hours Yoga Alliance
Date: February 22, 2020 12:30pm – 9pm
Location: Fresh Yoga @ Peck St, New Haven