Learn to teach developmentally appropriate and playful yoga to young children, age 2 – 9. If you are interested, in addition to the teacher training, we offer guidance and mentoring as you participate in outreach by teaching yoga at a partner elementary school or child care center.
Our early childhood yoga training includes:
- Foundations of child development and appropriate developmental expectations for different age groups.
- Review of early childhood brain development and how mindfulness practices can influence it.
- Training in how to teach mindfulness practices that are accessible and fun for young children.
- If you choose, a placement in a partner site, to immediately put your learning into action.
This training is appropriate for:
- Yoga teachers already teaching or wanting to teach young children
- Therapists, social workers, psychologists and other professionals working with young children;
- Teachers, child care providers and school social workers and leaders, interested in meeting the needs of children through yoga and mindfulness practices;
- Anyone interested in offering their knowledge, passion and time to a children’s yoga program
- Peg Oliveira, PhD, E-RYT 500, Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- Xan McKnight, RYT 200
- Michelle Morgan, RYT 200
Date: March 13, 2020 5pm – 9pm
Location: Fresh Yoga, 319 Peck St, New Haven