Learn how to teach yoga to youth, age 9 – 18, including not only the practicalities involved with teaching youth in unusual spaces like schools and after school settings, but also skills to bring the reluctant teen around to the blessings of yoga.
Our youth yoga training includes:
- An evidence based protocol for designing and teaching a mat yoga class that is developmentally appropriate and fun for for young people 9 – 18 years old.
- Trauma informed practices for working with youth.
- Training in how to teach mindfulness practices with limited space and resources.
- Training on the unique needs and challenges of teaching in urban schools.
- If you choose, a placement in a partner site, to immediately put your learning into action.
This training is appropriate for:
- Yoga teachers already teaching or wanting to teach to youth
- Therapists, social workers, psychologists and other professionals in mental health settings;
- Teachers and school social workers and leaders, interested in meeting the needs of youth through yoga and mindfulness practices;
- Anyone interested in offering their knowledge, passion and time to a yoga program in a school or mental health setting.
CEU: 8 hours Yoga Alliance
($108 for graduates of a past Street Bodhi-in-Training program with 108 Monkeys! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
Date: March 14, 2022 12:30 – 9pm
Location: Fresh Yoga, 319 Peck ST, New Haven