This training includes:
- Training on trauma sensitive practices when teaching yoga to the general population as well as part of the therapeutic process.
- Training on the science of trauma and its impact on the nervous system and brain, and yoga’s relationship to this process.
- Self reflective inquiry and process work.
- Practice teaching.
- In addition to workshop times noted, 3-5 hours of pre-workshop preparation will be required.
- If you choose, a placement in a partner site, so you can put your training into action.
This training is appropriate for:
- Yoga teachers already teaching or wanting to teach in outreach settings
- Therapists, social workers, psychologists and other professionals in mental health settings;
- Teachers and school social workers and leaders, interested in meeting the needs of children and youth with a trauma history through yoga and mindfulness practices;
- Anyone interested in offering their knowledge, passion and time to a yoga program in a school or mental health setting.
- Peg Oliveira, PhD, E-RYT 500, Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- Courtney Bauer, RYT 500, Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
- Lillee Chandra, LMT, E-RYT
- Jennifer Leavitt, JD, MSW, RYT 200
CEU: 15 hours Yoga Alliance
Date: June 1 & 2, 2019 9am – 4pm (Lunch Break 12-1)